[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] various issues with GSM audio

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Aug 15 17:12:18 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 03:42:13PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 09:30:15AM -0400, Compn wrote:

> > >I don't mind opening one or several issues in the bug tracker, but so
> > >far my experience with reporting bugs here is not bad at all.  Usually
> > >they get addressed pretty quickly and everybody sees them.  The bug
> > >tracker just does not have the same visibility.
>
> everyone who subscribed to the ffmpeg-issues mailinglist sees them
> so i wouldnt say its less vissible, actually more,
> reports posted to ffmpeg-user tend to go unawnsered for months, and
> when i finally have time to reply the user who submitted the report
> lost interrest ...
> at that point i just mark the mail as read and wont look at it anymore
> and noone else does either -> report lost

I think at this point there are still more people subscribed to
ffmpeg-devel than to ffmpeg-issues.  As I said, the plan was always to
fill in an issue if the problems did not get resolved quickly.

> > >For example, I added a report for the 4xm video issue on the MPlayer
> > >bugzilla earlier today because otherwise it will likely be forgotten.
> > >I would do the same if this mail gets overlooked or only some of the
> > >mentioned bugs get fixed.
>
> well, i said it in the past and i say it again, bugzilla is not useable
> ffmpeg does not use bugzilla, and i do not look at mplayers bugzilla so
> whatever you add there will be forgotten by me as quick as if you
> didnt submit it
> bugzilla is a major PITA, (as you said yourself it has bad vissibility
> roundup does not, it takes no time to keep track of what new issues
> have been opened on roundup while its a nightmare to do the same with
> bugzilla)

My statement about visibility above referred to FFmpeg's Roundup
installation, not to MPlayer's Bugzilla.

I haven't checked out the new tracker in detail, but so far I'm
not terribly impressed.  However, I have no interest in starting flamage
on the subject and I will reserve judgement until I have used it more
extensively.

BTW, my attempts to create an account on the tracker are failing
miserably.

> and besides please do submit bugs to our bugtracker and not mplayers

You misunderstand.  The 4xm issue seems to be an MPlayer problem, ffplay
is fine.

Diego