[FFmpeg-devel] Stack variables alignment check in libavcodec/dsputil.c

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Sun Aug 12 00:14:29 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

[...]

> avcodec_encode/decode_* are just small wraper functions and a register less
> doesnt matter
> and for execute i actually would suggest to make pthread.c and co
> do the stack alignment so that no changes to functions which are passed
> to execute() are needed that practically means adding the attribute to
> worker() in pthread.c

MinGW finally released gcc 4.2, and as promised here's my patch to fix
this alignment issue (based on Ga?l Chardon's patch).

Zuxy, are you working on this too? Could you test it further too?
Everything worked fine with all my tests (w32threads and pthreads) from
within MSVC++.

Ramiro Polla