[FFmpeg-devel] [DOC] FFSERVER Configuration Files.

Piero Bugoni ffmpeg.devel
Wed Aug 8 19:32:23 CEST 2007

--- Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> > +#  Settings:
> > +#
> > +# The Q	value is pretty important here. Values of around 5 to 7.5
> > +# give a reasonable compromise between stream width, and image quality.
> > +# Make sure to match the settings in this file with those on the command line.
> > +# in this instance values grater than 10 will probably make image indiscernable.
> > +#
> > +# Some additional settings for higher quality, but a fatter stream:
> > +#
> > +
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=1, vbr~=12000, vbuf=52(min)
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=2, vbr~=7100,  vbuf=33(min)
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=3, vbr~=5200,  vbuf=22(min) good quality/stream compromise
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=4, vbr~=4800,  vbuf=21(min)
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=5, vbr~=4000,  vbuf=19(min)
> > +# Qmin/Qmax=6, vbr~=3200,  vbuf=13(min)
>
> constant qp encoding is not suitable for streaming over a channel with
> limited bandwidth

OK.

(How limited)?  I have around 320Kb/s upload speed to the net.

I based by figures on the presumption that others would have similar. I do not have much interest
in tweaking things down to the dial-up level. I figured around 320Kb/s approaches bare minimum.

So, If you give a little more detail, I will include it in the notes.

The Q value was fixed so as to help me figure out the values for the other parameters that depend
on it. Of course a person can choose a range.

(I should probably point this out in the notes.)

Thanks,

P.

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get
online.