[Ffmpeg-devel] new grab interface breaks bktr grabing

Nikns Siankin nikns
Sun Apr 29 16:56:30 CEST 2007

>>>Thanks for this. I have been using ffmpeg for a while
>>>on Slackware Linux, but just set it up today on
>>>FreeBSD 6.2. I referred back to your info to get
>>>grabbing to work. (The command line is different from
>>>Linux. I might have fucked around for hours trying to
>>>get it to work without this info.)
>>>
>>>The kernel was rebuilt to remove all unnecessary
>>>drivers, and bktr built in statically. (The box was an
>>>old  450MHz PIII with 128M RAM, so it was pared down
>>>to minimum, just to be sure. The bktr driver
>>>complained about unable to allocate memory when loaded
>>>with kldload, but seemed to load ok when loaded at
>>>boot with  loader.conf. The card was a LW-104 --aka
>>>Pico2000 ebay special).
>>>

>>>I used SVN-r8618, downloaded today.
>>>
>>>This command worked:
>>>./ffmpeg -y -s cif -f bktr -i /dev/bktr0 -an  -tvstd
>>>ntsc test.mpg

Installed FreeBSD 6.2 box to test bktr ffmpeg grabing under FreeBSD.
The same effect as in OpenBSD.
FFmpeg install with old grabbing interface grabs fine.
Perhaps issue specified by my card:
  bktr_mem: memory holder loaded
  bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xf3002000-0xf3002fff irq 11 at device 10.0 on pci0
  bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
  bktr0: Card has no configuration EEPROM. Cannot determine card make.
  bktr0: IMS TV Turbo, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.

Maybe in old interface there where some workaround for this card...