[Ffmpeg-devel] SVN dump

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Apr 28 13:03:25 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 03:19:10AM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 11:17:19PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:
> > > On Sat, 28 Apr 2007, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.
> > >
> > > The hg update command updates the entire working directory to a given
> > > revision (default is to the head aka tip revision).  Mercurial
> > > isn't like CVS where one file can be at revision X and another file
> > > at revision Y.
> > >
> > > If you run 'hg update 1234', and then do a 'hg commit', the new changeset
> > > you commit will have rev 1234 as it's parent.  If 1234 isn't the tip, then
> > > you will create a new branch.
> >
> > i know all that, what i tried was
> > hg update 123
> > hg cp fileA fileB
> > hg ci fileB
> > (hg up isnt possible here)
> > hg merge 125 will update fileB to 125 of fileA which is plain wrong as fileB
> > does not have a rev 125 differing from 123
>
> hg copy doesn't do what one might expect, read this:
> http://hgbook.red-bean.com/hgbookch5.html#x9-920005.3
>
> hg update 123
> cp fileA fileB
> hg add fileB
> hg commit -m "Added fileB"
> hg merge 125
> hg commit -m "merged with 125"
>
> fileA will be updated to version 125, while fileB will remain as a copy of
> what fileA was at revision 123.

this doesnt work
$hg an testfile
7: line1
8: line2 changed
7: line3
$cp testfile testfile-copy
$hg add testfile-copy
$hg ci testfile-copy
$hg an testfile-copy
10: line1
10: line2 changed
10: line3

this is not a copy of the revission but a new checkin its totally useless

$hg merge 9
1 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved
(branch merge, don't forget to commit)
$hg ci
$hg an testfile-copy
10: line1
10: line2 changed
10: line3

still obviously no change its still broken

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus