[Ffmpeg-devel] suggestion for SVN snapshots

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Apr 26 17:03:10 CEST 2007

Paul Jarc wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>> You could use wget -O your-favourite-name or something equivalent.
>
> Yes, except I don't know what name to give it until after I download
> it and look inside to find its date.

You'd obviously give it the same name you'd be requesting if we made
the change you're asking for.

> Also, this would require a
> change fairly deep in the guts of the automated download system I'm
> using, and I'd rather avoid that.

See this as a lesson not to use inflexible tools.

> Addign an extra "ln -s" command in
> ffmpeg's snapshot script seems simpler.

And how would you know what that link would be called?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com