[Ffmpeg-devel] configure misses libdts

Justin Ruggles justinruggles
Wed Apr 25 17:36:16 CEST 2007

Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 01:23:53AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
>>Isn't somebody working on the multichannel problem?  And/or is it going
>>to get fixed faster if this gets applied?
>

> In this case: Almost certainly no. libdts in ffmpeg could not do
> multichannel forever before it got fixed.
> And that might at least partially have been motivated by the mess the
> previous code was and not only to get multichannel.

Adding multichannel shouldn't be difficult.  I just got dca.c to output
in 5.1.  It will also be easier once the downmixing framework is in
place.  But for now, I think I can get the behavior to be similar to
that of AC3 with a little work.  I just need to study the code some more
since I don't know DTS very well.  Is there any documentation?

DTS 5.1 seems to be in MPEG channel order (same as AAC).  On this note,
I'll also post my most recent channel reordering code sometime today or
tomorrow.  The only part I have left is the user-level logic for ffmpeg.c.

-Justin