[Ffmpeg-devel] problem decoding frames when first frame is B

rkmr.em at gmail.com rkmr.em
Mon Apr 23 19:24:04 CEST 2007

On 4/23/07, Michel Bardiaux <mbardiaux at mediaxim.be> wrote:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Michel Bardiaux wrote:

> m_decodedPicture,

> >> I have seen MPEG (1, not 2) streams coming from hardware encoders and
> >> having that structure. The full GOP structure was
> >>
> >> BBIBBPBBPBBP|BBIBBPBBPBBP|...

This is exactly the frame strucuture and is a hardware encoder that is
producing this stream!!

>> the 2 leading B-frames being coded against the last P-frame of the
> >> preceding GOP. A typical not-closed GOP. And a nightmare to decode.
> >
> > The only problem is that you don't have the reference frame for the
> first
> > couple of frames.  Nothing to worry about once you've got the first two
> > non-B frames.  Open GOP makes some sense when random access is
> impossible,
> > such as broadcast, which is where it is primarily found.  DVD uses
> closed

So it is not possible to decode the first two frames?  Is this true even
with the latest svn version of ffmpeg?
thanks a lot!
mark