[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem building from snapshots

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Apr 23 10:35:08 CEST 2007

Andy Parkins wrote:
> On Thursday 2007, April 19, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>>> Big 'but': is this general? The only way to know is to ask all
>>> developpers to have a look at their entries file.
>> Better to ask the subversion devs or rtfm/s.
>
> It's been a while since I've used svn but I used to get revision number
> from:
>
>  $ svn info .
>  Repository Root: file:///some/path/to/repo
>  Repository UUID: a88197da-7e33-4bea-af72-4933263451c8
>  Revision: 0
>  Node Kind: directory
>  Schedule: normal
>  Last Changed Rev: 0
>  Last Changed Date: 2007-04-20 22:16:15 +0100 (Fri, 20 Apr 2007)
>
> And I assume that this information is more stable across versions than
> parsing the .svn directory manually would be.

Oh, absolutely. If svn info can be used, it will be. The purpose of the
subsequent hacks is to acquire the version number if svn is not
installed on the current machine, but was used on some other to download
from mpayerhq svn. Happens to me when the build system is W2K with
mingw, or debian woody (yes, I still have one...)

Greetings,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director