[Ffmpeg-devel] Check result of get_buffer() - patch attached

Ronen Mizrahi ronen
Sun Apr 15 22:05:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

There seem to be many places where get_buffer() is invoked and the
return value is not checked for errors. One particular place that was
causing issues for me is the get_buffer() invocation in
av_open_input_file(). When I was opening HTTP URLs that were no longer
valid get_buffer() was failing yet it was not detected. Please see
attached a patch that is fixing this particular issue. Later on, time
permitting, I will try and submit patches for all the locations where
get_buffer() is used and the return value is not checked for errors.

Thank you,

Ronen Mizrahi