[Ffmpeg-devel] flames

Rich Felker dalias
Sun Apr 15 21:29:00 CEST 2007

Sorry everyone for the hasty argument and flames. I'm not familiar
with all the issues Baptiste and Michael are discussing, but I hope we
can clear things up and lower the levels of hostility a little bit.

As far as I can tell, Michael has very high standards for code that
goes in ffmpeg, and also wants clean, general-purpose interfaces to
the library rather than things that are very codec-specific or
hackish.

On the other hand, Baptiste seems to be working very hard implementing
code to get done the jobs that he needs to do, and which may be useful
to many others as well.

While there may be a difference in needs and approaches, I hope that
we can discuss like sane respectable people and reach not just a
solution to whatever arguments are going on now, but also future
direction and policy.

Rich