[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] Animated GIF's.. How?

Cool_Zer0 c00jz3r0
Fri Apr 13 17:51:41 CEST 2007

Hi.
I want to make a request for you developers...

Cool_Zer0 wrote:
> Godwin Stewart wrote:

>>> you can send a patch to make gif encoder use lzw encoder.
>>>

>> There's no reason that ffmpeg shouldn't generate LZW-compressed GIFs
>> now that the Unisys patent has expired everywhere.
>>

> I think that is only needed someone how understand a lot about the
> ffmpeg architecture to include LZW on GIF...
> TIFF already supports LZW...

I'm not too comfortable on ffmpeg structure to add LZW encoding to GIF...
No one wants to add this feature to ffmpeg?

The LZW compression is already present on TIFF...

Thanks