[Ffmpeg-devel] lzw compression in tiff encoder (qualification task for GSoC)

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Apr 6 16:53:27 CEST 2007

Hi

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 03:30:43PM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> As a supplement to my qualification task for GSoC I implemented LZW
>>> compressor. I think that my code is fast, universal and it can be easily used
>>> in other encoders. My implementation use hash table with simple hash function
>>> (I've used LZW prefix code and xor to calculate new hash value). So, I'm
>>> sending two files: one with lzw encoder (lzw.patch) and one with patch to
>>> tiffenc.c (tifflzw.patch).
>> Good, you may be interested in using your lzw encoder with gif also,
>> which atm does not use lzw compression.
>>
>> I also quickly tested tiff encoder, and unfortunately it does not play
>> in quicktime, if you can have a look.
>
> i think tiff in QT support is very low priority ...

That is a suggestion, and you already know that my goal differ.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312