[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Broken trunk on AMD64 with PIC enabled

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Wed Apr 4 00:17:24 CEST 2007

On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 23:51:20 +0200
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> maybe you should provide the error messages?

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld:
h264.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `ff_h264_lps_range' can not be
used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

anybody who tried to build on shared objects on amd64 knows this by
heart, that's why I didn't repeat it.

> maybe you should check what syntax gcc uses when rip relative
> addressing is inpossible
And I've been trying to find out, sincerely, I have no idea of ASM at
all.. that's why I posted, I hoped someone else had a clue.

> also PIC is IMHO very low priority so dont expect me to do ANY work
> to make AMD64+ASM+PIC work
Not asking you in particular to do any work... just posted that it's
broken, if someone has a clue how to fix it, that would help. If nobody
has, I hope to be able to find what has to be done.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten?
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/