[Ffmpeg-devel] User questions on ffmpeg-devel

Diego Biurrun diego
Tue Apr 3 13:12:19 CEST 2007

On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:37:45AM +0200, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 11:01:45AM +0200, Panagiotis Issaris wrote:
> >> I just actually read the description of the purpose of the FFmpeg-devel
> >> mailinglist and it seems this description does not fit the policy anymore:
> >> "This list is about FFmpeg development discussions and patches,
> >> questions about using libavcodec and libavformat in your program also
> >> belong here"
> >>
> >> Now we know why users of libavcodec keep posting to ffmpeg-devel :-)
> >
> > Time for Baptiste to update this then :)
>
> Done, new descriptions:

I would suggest being a tad more detailed.

> devel:
> This list is about FFmpeg development discussions and patches.

This list is about development of, not with, FFmpeg. Patches belong
here, questions about compilation or programming with FFmpeg do not.

> user:
> This list is about FFmpeg usage, questions about using libavcodec and
> libavformat in your program belongs here.

This list is about FFmpeg usage. Questions about compiling FFmpeg and
using the libraries belong here.

Diego