[Ffmpeg-devel] [bug] "overflow in spectral RLE, ignoring" when decoding WMA file

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Sat Sep 30 00:19:55 CEST 2006

On 29 Sep 2006, at 22:48, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

[...]

>> Another issue on the same file [VORC012.WMA] : any idea why we get
>> some errors
>> "overflow in spectral RLE, ignoring"
>> when decoding this file? I have several files showing this issue, and
>> although they do play fine with
>> windows media player, ffmpeg doesn't manage to decode them
>> properly...?
>
> do they work with mplayer + the binary wma decoder?

No idea, I am under Mac OS X, and cannot test this. It does play fine
with Windows Media Player
and the Flip4Mac QuickTime WMA codec under Mac OS X, but not with
ffmpeg.

> do they work with mplayer + libavcodec?

No, same issue.

> do they work with older versions of libavcodec/wma* ?

No, this issue has been here for a year at least.

Patrice