[Ffmpeg-devel] Bindings benchmark on visibility patch

Rich Felker dalias
Sat Sep 23 06:23:14 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 09:00:40PM +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> So, as people seems to want some concrete results produced by the visibility
> patches I'm working on, I drafted up a parser for the LD_DEBUG=bindings
> output, and counted the results (I'll make the script available in the next

Counts are not useful. Timings are all that's useful. Anyway if you're
going to post this rubbish you should also post a comparison with
-Bsymbolic, which would show that it gets the vast majority of the
benefit of visibility with none of the invasiveness.

Rich