[Ffmpeg-devel] 640x480 iPod Baseline Low Complexity Profile

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Fri Sep 22 14:13:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

Op vrijdag 22 september 2006 12:06, schreef M?ns Rullg?rd:
>[...]
> > I'd rather have it in one single file, for pure taste reasons, I believe
> > performance is irrelevant to decide on single vs. multiple files, unless
> > someone is brave? enough to create hundreds of profiles, in which case
> > the greater overhead of open() vs read() would favour the single file
> > solution (specially on platforms cursed with antivirus).
>
> We would only open the file containing the selected profile, so there should
> only ever be a single open() call.  I obviously had in mind using the profile
> name as the filename.
That was exactly how I implemented it in my first patch. One thing that might cause
performance issues nonetheless, is if one would implement a "-target list" or "-target help"
option, listing all available profiles. But then again, at that moment (the user requesting
info), performance is not critical at all.

I've attached an updated version of that initial patch (the one using 1 profile/file).

 configure |    1 +

And two "demo" profiles. Of the K750i one, only one line is currently used, as the
OptionDef->AVOptions migration is not complete yet.

With friendly regards,
Takis