[Ffmpeg-devel] 64-bit safety

Dan Maas dmaas
Tue Sep 19 21:21:08 CEST 2006

I am successfully compiling ffmpeg on x86_64 with GCC 3.4.6 and
binutils 2.16.1.

What is your distro setup? I once had similar problems because I
unintentionally mixed 32-bit and 64-bit system headers in /usr/include
(some glibc headers are architecture-specific due to non-ifdef'ed
inline asm!). The major Linux distros usually have ways of ensuring
that the correct system headers are used.

Regards,
Dan