[Ffmpeg-devel] Adding support for YUVJ formats in libswscale

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Sep 19 01:48:56 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 10:32:36PM +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 21:52 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
> > > 2) Am I right in thinking that I have to set such parameters to 1 for
> > > YUVJ formats, and to 0 for YUV formats?
> >
> > yes
> The attached patch adds swscale support for the YUVJ formats by properly
> (I hope :) setting srcRange and dstRange in sws_setColorspaceDetails().

looks ok

> I verified that after applying the patch sws_getContext() does not fail
> when asked to convert from/to YUVJ formats, and that it does not
> segfault, but I do not know how to check if the conversion is right (I
> cannot see the difference between YUV420P and YUVJ420P :). Maybe someone
> more skilled than me can check if the conversion is done properly.

looking at some grayscale gradient (with some tool which show the rgb values)
might be usefull, but simply commiting it is perfectly fine too, if its
buggy someone will send a bugreport