[Ffmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix swscale shared lib on x86-64

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes
Tue Sep 19 01:38:42 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 01:17, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> i think a patch which "decides" publicness for every symbol will never be
> accepted, the only sane thing to do is to do this in small steps, one
> header or one group of related symbols at a time
I actually sent a patch originally to simply export everything that was in the
public-installed .h, plus some extra symbols that were interdependencies of
the libraries (everything with default visibility), and I was told that some
stuff wasn't needed to be exported. Unfortuantely, I don't know FFmpeg well
enough to see what should and what should not be exported myself.

I'm interested in hidden symbols mostly because with them, the load time of
xine's ffmpeg plugin decrease sensibly (as well as any loading of FFmpeg
libraries), as it doesn't require binding all the symbols at loadtime.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten? - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE