[Ffmpeg-devel] MPEG 2 Frame Control

Brian Brice bbrice
Mon Sep 18 22:49:06 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm using the MPEG 2 encoder and I'm not quite sure if it's possible
to gain more control over the types of frames produced.  For example,
I have a GOP of 15 and have max_b_frames set to 2.  I expect the order
of the frames to be IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB.  The groups are generally in this
pattern, except for the FIRST group.  The first group starts as IPBBP...
How can I control the order of the types of frames?  Is this a
reasonable question about MPEG frame ordering or am I way off?  Thanks!

--
Brian Brice