[Ffmpeg-devel] __attribute__ ((deprecated))

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Sep 18 11:38:05 CEST 2006

Colin Ward wrote:

>   Hi all.
>
>   I have noticed recently that a couple of structures have been tagged
> with the __attribute__ ((deprecated)) structure.  This is causing
> warning such as the following:
>
> FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:247: warning: 'AVFrac' is deprecated
> (declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:100)
> FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:403: warning: 'AVImageInfo' is deprecated
> (declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:388)
> FFMPEG/libavformat/allformats.h:181: warning: 'AVImageFormat' is deprecated
> (declared at FFMPEG/libavformat/avformat.h:409)
>
>   Are there any plans to either remove this attribute or to actually
> update the code and remove the offending structures?  It's making my
> compiles messy.  ;-)

I think it is intended to put pressure so that someone will port GIF to
image2, so that the whole -fimage stuff can be removed. BTW what's
special about GIF that makes it hard to port it to image2?

Cheers,
--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director