[Ffmpeg-devel] Compiling on Solaris 10

Christian Bienia cbienia
Sat Sep 16 23:52:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I did the same and can confirm that that fixes the syntax issues.
However, I also had problems with the creation of the dynamic libraries
in the vhooks directory: The Sun linker (/usr/ccs/bin/ld) didn't
understand the default VHOOKSHFLAGS arguments '-shared -Wl,-soname,$@'.
I could fix that by adding the line 'VHOOKSHFLAGS="$SHFLAGS"' to the
SunOS section of the configure script right after the definition of the
Sun SHFLAGS ('SHFLAGS="-shared -Wl,-h,\$@"').

Thanks for the help, I now have a working version of ffmpeg on my
Solaris machine. :-)

- Chris