[Ffmpeg-devel] inttypes wrongly identified?

Brian Brice bbrice
Thu Sep 14 20:09:23 CEST 2006

Jaime Corvera Vargas wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
>> We don't support msvc.  FFmpeg should compile fine under mingw.  The
>> dlls/libraries produced can be used from msvc.
>
> oh  cmon... its not about evangelizing for or against MSVC.
>
> its about developing under windows and other systems too.
>
> then at a more basic level:
> can i force the configurator to emulate int types?
>
> imagine i only want to use MinGW to compile FFmpeg and would like to
> pass my project and the compiled libs to somebody who does not have
> MinGW or the inttypes.h installed(using SVN).
>
> It be nice to be able to maximize compatibility from the start.
>
> im a somewhat beginner on *nix systems but if the configurator tries to
> detect inttypes.h then this must mean that not even the FFmpeg
> developers assume this file is on everyones computer.
>
> why try to detect that file if you "don't support" those who dont have it?

I think I know what you're talking about.  I compiled ffmpeg and link to
the DLLs from an MSVC project.  After simply including avformat.h, which
includes avutil.h, which includes avcodec.h, which includes common.h,
MSVC complains about inttypes.h not being found.  This is something
within the header files.  Doesn't have to do with the same
"configurator" used to compiled in mingw.  Your best solution is to
define EMULATE_INTTYPES before including avformat.h.

--
Brian Brice