[Ffmpeg-devel] ffplay plays video and audio much to fast

Gunnar von Boehn gunnar
Thu Sep 14 13:41:25 CEST 2006

Hi Herv?,

herve.flores wrote:

 > no pb with current svn ffplay and an avi from this link (I'm on MacOS
  PPC)

To avoid confusion it might be better to use just one video file for
testing.

Can you please verify this one video file:
http://www.greyhound-data.com/movies/IE/SPK/2006/SPK-2006-09-02-HT09.avi

The stats of the video file are size 3.6 MB
Duration: 00:01:02.9, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 475 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: h264, yuv420p, 352x224, 25.00 fps(r)
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 24000 Hz, mono, 32 kb/s

FFplay plays this file much faster then it should be.
Here I use svn ffplay from last week Linux,
the video is played in 49 seconds instead of 62 seconds.
The video is played back with about 30 FPS instead 25 FPS.

The sound runs to fast as well, and has some disortions in it.

Can you verify this on MAC OS?

Cheers
Gunnar