[Ffmpeg-devel] win64?

Clarke, Trevor tclarke
Wed Sep 13 16:23:36 CEST 2006

Thanks....I think I've got something that works now...at least enough
works for my use. Once I got the MSVC version, the 64-bit compile was
pretty clean w/o the asm. I'm just encoding so I'm not too worried about
the speed hit from not having asm code.

--------------------
Trevor R.H. Clarke
tclarke at ball.com
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu
[mailto:ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu] On Behalf Of Steve Lhomme
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:04 AM
To: FFMpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] win64?

Ramiro Polla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Jaime F. wrote:
>> Clarke, Trevor wrote:
>>
>>> I'd like to incorporate ffmpeg into an app I'm developing. The
problem?
>>> We build for 64-bit solaris, 32-bit windows, and 64-bit windows.
>>>

>> Does this help?
>> http://arrozcru.no-ip.org/ffmpeg_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Fixing+msys
>>
> No, that doesn't support compiling for win64, only getting MinGW to
run
> correctly in Windows XP x64.
> I'm waiting for gcc to support win64. Waiting.......
>
> If you have an MSVC++ version that compiles win64, then you can try
> working your way with Dr DivX.
> It modifies the FFmpeg source to compile with MSVC++ (no asm though, I

> think).
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/drdivx/

You need DrFFMPEG from DrDivX. It's not based on latest SVN from FFMPEG
but rather a version from a few months ago. We plan to merge many
changes into DrFFMPEG soon.

DrFFMPEG will work in MSVC8 (and VS Express) in Debug, Debug ASM and
Release. There should be a "Release ASM" but we don't use it. The ASM
uses something called libavdsp that is built with gcc as a DLL and
includes all the ASM stuff in i386. So it should work with a Release
build too. Otherwise you just have no ASM acceleration.

Steve