[Ffmpeg-devel] overall license review - adding proper license headers

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Wed Sep 6 10:29:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/6/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

[..]

> So what exactly is the license if libavcodec/i386/idct_mmx.c is part of
> FFmpeg?  GPL?  LGPL?  LGPL with an extra clause?  Which clause exactly?
> I haven't seen Michel make a crystal-clear statement yet and the note we
> currently have is so misleading to be downright wrong.
>
> This has practical implications as well.  Is another option for
> configure needed?  --enable-gpl and --enable-lgpl-with-strings-attached?

I'd say that since we don't have explicity banner that state the
licence, everything that needed --enable-gpl to get compiled are GPL.

That has the nice advantage to be very straightforward, and to LGPL a
whole bunch of code.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!