[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] AVI parser does not demux first frame

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Tue Sep 5 14:41:29 CEST 2006

While developing VMware Video decoder I stumbled upon problem that lavf
does not demux first frame at all (ffmpeg -i file.avi -f image2 -vcodec copy %04d.frm)
thus producing strange effects - and the first frame is usually replaced by the second one
(MPlayer native demuxer works fine).
All of them have 'ix00' chunk before the first and the second frame.
Looks like another OpenDML case to me...
Also old FFmpeg (build 4747) demuxes it fine.

Samples are:
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/V-codecs/VMnc/VS2k5DebugDemo-01.avi
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/V-codecs/VMnc/2.w2003-linux.avi