[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: idct_mmi.c license in FFmpeg

leon l.vanstuivenberg
Tue Sep 5 12:00:51 CEST 2006

Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 06:44:04PM +0200, leon wrote:
>
> FYI the rounding trick is present in the noomore version as the
> rounder_0 .. rounter_7 values.

At the time i was assuming that there was more to the trick than just
adding 0.5 (fixed point) before right-shifting it. If not, then yes,
this is still included in the mmi version. The actual rounding values
made me suspect there was more going on ; after a lot of reshufling of
the code and measuring the accuracy, the rounding values are now also
different btw.

<leon/>