[Ffmpeg-devel] Call for volunteers to write NUT de/muxer for libavformat

Mike Melanson mike
Tue Oct 31 23:33:34 CET 2006

Oded Shimon wrote:
> What does Hachoir mean? And what do you mean by standalone parser? libnut
> is already a standalone demuxer. A de/muxer for libavformat is necessary.

Check hachoir.org -- a neat framework for parsing file formats for
studying and other purposes.

> Make them yourself from either ogg vorbis files or mpeg-4+mp3+avi files
> using nutmerge - svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/

Is it too much to ask for you to mux some simple sample files and make
them available on samples.mplayerhq.hu? They must have several megabytes
free for this type of thing. I get a lot more interested in new formats
when I can study actual samples. And I'm extremely lazy and hate making
my own samples.

--
	-Mike Melanson