[Ffmpeg-devel] FFMPEG BUFFERING

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Oct 30 17:47:46 CET 2006

Hi

dont top post

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:10:09PM -0000, Sherlock, John wrote:
> >The Issues, are when attempting playback of live video/audio media greater than 8mb in size of Live, ffmpeg posts errors in player regarding the file size of the buffer being unable to handle the media file and attempts three times to restructure the stream before crashing.

and the error messages are what? am i supposed to guess? futhermore
i say it again  READ AND FOLLOW docs/bugreports.html or do NOT post any
further messages here, we cannot help you as long as you refuse to provide
ALL details and bugreports.html also clearly says that gdb output is needed
if there is a crash

> >The buffers relate to the buffers ffmpeg is supposedly creating and failing to restructure within the PS2, which according to several VLC developers is the codec within the source designated to control media streaming.

now i know as much as before ...

> >I'm attempting to decode and playback live media of a frame rate of at least 400kbps.

kbps means kilo bits per second and thats a bitrate not a framerate

> >Plus I was wondering what's is your problem with people who are only trying to seek information and help, from sources recommended to them.

none