[Ffmpeg-devel] svn 6835 crash in mpeg12.c

Måns Rullgård mru
Mon Oct 30 00:40:04 CET 2006

Ismail Donmez <ismail at pardus.org.tr> writes:

> 29 Eki 2006 Paz 22:17 tarihinde, Michael Niedermayer ?unlar? yazm??t?:
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 29, 2006 at 10:49:05PM +0300, Ismail Donmez wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > 29 Eki 2006 Paz 20:43 tarihinde, Aaron Williams ??unlar?? yazm????t??:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > You should file a gcc bug at gzz bugzilla.
>>
>> but before you do that try make distclean and check with valgrid
>> that the -O2 code really is ok
>>
>> IMO we shouldnt randomly dump all not fully understood bugs into gcc
>> bugzilla
>
> Yes but if its ok at -O2 and brpken at -O3 thats most likely to be a
> gcc fault

Not necessarily.  The code may be violating something in the C
standard that the compiler only makes use of at higher optimization
levels.

> and given this is a amd64 native host makes it more likely...

This could also be down to a 64-bit problem in the code.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com