[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] Rate Control For MPEG CBR

Balatoni Denes dbalatoni
Sun Oct 29 02:51:59 CET 2006

Hi!

Saturday 28 October 2006 22:04-kor Michael Niedermayer ezeket a bolcs
gondolatokat fogalmazta meg:
> try the following (see libavcodec/utils.c for how the variables are called
> -mbd 2 -flags mv0+trell+cbp -lmax 340*QP2LAMBDA -sc_threshold 100000000
> -rc_buf_aggressivity 0.25
>
> and use latest svn! it might not work with anything older then a few
> minutes

Also for real CBR I always suggest a low vqsquish, eg. 0.1 (vqsquish name is
from mplayer, I don't know what it's called otherwise). It sure makes the
encoding CBR like, but maybe setting the max/min rate is enough - I don't
know because I stumbled upon vqsquish a long time ago when the rate/buffer
management was still lacking.

bye
Denes