[Ffmpeg-devel] RTP patches & RFC

Ryan Martell rdm4
Thu Oct 26 04:02:10 CEST 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 7:56 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> but note, i wont reject this because of the {} placement if you
>>> disslike
>>> it (fixing it myself would just need ~5min or so ...)
>>
>> Hope this is a winner; I really want to get the rest of this stuff
>> in...
>
> could you document the fields of RTPDynamicProtocolHandler?
> and rename the following, unless i missunderstood their intent, but
> their
> current names really confused me :)
> protocol_new_extradata_proc()    -> open()
> protocol_free_extradata_proc()   -> close()
> protocol_handle_sdp_a_line_proc()-> parse_sdp_a_line()
> dynamic_protocol_data            -> dynamic_protocol_context
> protocol_handle_packet_proc      -> parse() or parse_packet() or
> even handle_packet()
> dynamic_packet_handler()         -> parse_dynamic_packet()

Done.

> and what would be your oppinion about changing
> DynamicPayloadPacketHandlerProc to RTPDynamicProtocolHandler in
> RTPDemuxContext? i think it would be better to have the whole struct
> available instead of just one function pointer from it

I can do that, but then I'm keeping it around even more places
(beside the internal copy in rtsp.c).  The only thing i need in the
rtp.c code is the handle_packet() function, so instead of a double
dereference on every packet, i was just going to do one.

> also a  int priv_data_size; could be added to
> RTPDynamicProtocolHandler
> similar to the other stuff in lav* so that the context alloc/free
> can be
> done outside/without open/close

No, because I have pointers to pointers in there; it's not just a
flat allocated block.

So, barring the above two, here's the newest patch.  (I really want
to get this in, so I can get working on the h264 stuff.  I'm still
having an audio sync issue, and I've also found a bug in the rtp/aac
stuff (mono doesn't work) that i've fixed...)