[Ffmpeg-devel] Modding ffmpeg to add fade-in/out and sound looping

Joel Reymont joelr1
Wed Oct 25 21:37:01 CEST 2006

On Oct 25, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Michel Bardiaux wrote:

> ffmpeg does not do sound effects, other apps exist for that. Use
> them to produce a .wav in pcm at the correct length.
>
> Use ffmpeg to mux the 2 together(and maybe encode the sound).

I cannot take this approach, unfortunately, as it's gonna be very
detrimental to performance. I need to overlay several audio samples
(chunks of streams) over given places in the video. Extracting audio
samples outside of ffmpeg would result in multiple runs of outside
tools, plus multiple compressions and decompressions of the sound.

I would like to go ahead and modify the main ffmpeg encoding loop.
Any recommendations?

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://whylisp.com