[Ffmpeg-devel] Encoding IBBP MPEG2 with fixed gop size.

Thomas Parmegiani thomasp
Wed Oct 25 16:29:20 CEST 2006

Hi all !

I try encode a file to have a MPEG2 IBBP with a fixed gop size (12) :

If I use ffmpeg : ./ffmpeg -i /G/video.ts -minrate 20000K -maxrate
20000K -bufsize 2000K -b 20000K -flags2 sgop -bf 2 -g 12 /G/test.ts

It works. I checked the source code it seems ffmpeg set AVCodecContext
flags2 value to CODEC_FLAG2_STRICT_GOP. If I do the same thing on my
application it does not work. So I guess I have to set another parameter but
which one ? Anybody can help me ?

Best Regards,

Thomas.P