[Ffmpeg-devel] Mac OSX debug build problems

Anders Moden ffmpeg
Tue Oct 24 23:04:00 CEST 2006

24 okt 2006 kl. 22.23 skrev Guillaume Poirier:

> On Oct 24, 2006, at 9:37 , Anders Moden wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> Why is it always a lot of problems using --disable-strip --disable-
>> opts
>>
>> I am always stuck in a situation where I need to debug the code.
>> On OSX I always get
>>
>> cc -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg/libswscale   -DHAVE_AV_CONFIG_H -
>> D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_ISOC9X_SOURCE -I/
>> Users/amo/ffmpeg -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg -I/Users/amo/ffmpeg/libavutil
>> -I/Users/amo/faad2/include -no-cpp-precomp -pipe -
>> force_cpusubtype_ALL -Wno-sign-compare -g -Wdeclaration-after-
>> statement -Wall -Wno-switch -Wdisabled-optimization -Wpointer-
>> arith -Wredundant-decls -Winline -mdynamic-no-pic  -c -o cabac.o
>> cabac.c
>> In file included from cabac.c:32:
>> cabac.h: In function 'get_cabac_noinline':
>> cabac.h:525: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS'
>> while reloading 'asm'
>> make[1]: *** [cabac.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [lib] Error 2
>>
>> somewhere. Either mmx or swscale. The mmx stuff can be disabled,
>> but the swscale can not.
>
> CFLAGS+=-fomit-pointer

Nope. I can get it to compile without using -O3 on some files

> Oh, and btw, user questions belong to the users ml

Thanx. I must say that it is pretty hard to get into this project as
many questions on the user forum never get answered and on the devel
forum you must be part of some elite...

Anyway. Its a great library but perhaps not that friendly to external
developers...