[Ffmpeg-devel] help on forcing rgb555 with 16bpp

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo
Tue Oct 24 09:25:29 CEST 2006

Hi folks

Im a little confused by the way raw.c chooses PIX_FMT using the
bits_per_sample value. Looking at the raw_init_decoder function, how
am I supossed to get my data interpreted as rgb555 by the raw
decoder if:

1.- bits per sample is 16bpp.
2.- I have no mapping for the packed PIX_FMT_RGB555 on pixelFormatTags[].

I'm thinking there is need to add RGB mappings to pixelFormatTags. If
that's true how do i choose a tag? Should I just invent some?  And last
but not least, why does the raw decoder choose PIX_FMT using bpp if there
are packed formats that share that bitcount (ie RGB565 RGB555) ?

Any help would be really apreciated.

	Reynaldo