[Ffmpeg-devel] RTP patches & RFC

Ryan Martell rdm4
Mon Oct 23 19:34:28 CEST 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:05:28PM -0500, Ryan Martell wrote:
> [...]
>>> [...]
>> I couldn't find anything in the rtp code that was called at
>> initialization time.  What would you recommend for this?
>
> put the register_dynamic_payload_handler calls in
> libavformat/allformats.c:av_register_all()

Done. (Although I named it av_register_rtp_dynamic_payload_handlers.)

>> So it sounds like my best solution (from all this) would be to submit
>> several incremental patches, instead of one monolithic one?
>
> yes
>

>> I'll try and break this up somewhat and submit as smaller patches.
>
> thanks

The first patch; this patch allows for dynamic protocol handlers.  I
tried not to do any code reformatting, and to make this as simple as
possible.  This code doesn't do anything, except pave the way.

Once this is accepted, I'll send the h264 stuff.  Once that is
accepted, I'll add the RTSP statistics stuff.

Thanks!
-Ryan

PS: Does anyone know if the RTP/AAC stuff syncs with video on any of
the other payload formats?  I didn't want to start messing with it's
timing if it is working for someone else...