[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: swscale.h in libavcodec and libswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Mon Oct 23 10:24:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 02:30 -0500, sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:
[...]
> I was going to report _av_* missing symbols at linktime when
> --enable-swscaler is in effect for building on Darwin/OSX also.
Sorry about the problem... It seems that I introduced this bug some time
ago, but I never noticed it.

> Unfortunately I don't want EXTRALIBS to be overridden as in the above
> patch because I'm presently using it to fix other link problems on OSX
> (I hope to figure them out & submit more patches if needed, later).
> Instead, I am presently using this patch for libswscale/Makefile:
[...]
Well, this is Diego's field but I suspect V?ctor's patch is better. Both
libavcodec and libavformat have the same proble (I mean, they need to be
linked with libavutil), and their makefiles solve it by using
EXTRALIBS... Anyway let's see Diego's opinion on this

BTW: this problem seems to be unrelated with the "swscale.h patch" (or
am I missing something?). I suspect it must be fixed with a different
commit, right?

			Thanks,
				Luca