[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] port cabac asm to AMD64

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sat Oct 21 21:37:08 CEST 2006

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>>> Overall H.264 decoding speed for my sample is 5% faster with this (using
>>> only a quick, imprecise mplayer -benchmark test),
>>> though it should be possible to optimize further, mixing use of 64 and
>>> 32 bit registers is said to be quite slow.
>> also there are several cases where stuff is storeed and loaded from the
>> stack due to register shortage, these should be changed by using the
>> additional registers ...
>
> Might have a look at it later, though this will probably collide with my dislike
> of #ifdefs :-)
> Attached an updated version with working decode_significance_8x8_x86 in
> case someone likes to test.

Nice. :) I see a consistent few-percent decrease in overall decoding
time on h.264 with CABAC.

Please don't interpret the general silence and lack of testing to mean
lack of interest. I just don't usually have time to benchmark every
h.264 patch that comes around.

-Corey