[Ffmpeg-devel] A question for configure

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Sat Oct 21 19:42:46 CEST 2006

f z wrote:

> Could somebody tell me
> The function save_flags() in the "configure" file
> ,what meaning  is the "return" in the first line?
>
> save_flags(){
>     flags_saved && return //????

This means that "if the return value of the flags_saved function is
true, return from the save_flags function". Its purpose, presumably,
would be to prevent the flags from being saved more than once in the
same run.

When a command line contains two different commands separated by an
'&&', the second command is executed only if the first command returned
a code indicating success. (Similarly, when a command line contains two
different commands separated by an '||', the second command is executed
only if the first command returned a code indicating failure.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.