[Ffmpeg-devel] [RFC] port cabac asm to AMD64

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Oct 21 12:18:41 CEST 2006

Hi

On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 11:55:36AM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 01:52:22AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
> > except that patch ok, assuming it still works with current svn
>
> Attached version should, except that I don't have any sample using
> decode_significance_8x8_x86. If someone has one, please give URL or
> upload to incoming.

create one with something like
mencoder -x264encopts analyse=all:cabac=1:8x8dct=1

> Overall H.264 decoding speed for my sample is 5% faster with this (using
> only a quick, imprecise mplayer -benchmark test),
> though it should be possible to optimize further, mixing use of 64 and
> 32 bit registers is said to be quite slow.

also there are several cases where stuff is storeed and loaded from the
stack due to register shortage, these should be changed by using the
additional registers ...

> If it's still fine I'd apply as soon as I have a sample using
> decode_significance_8x8_x86, but not before MPlayer release.

ok