[Ffmpeg-devel] MOV/raw format support?

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Oct 18 17:57:55 CEST 2006

Thomas Parmegiani wrote:
> I don't want to export to this format, I just wanted to be able to convert
> this kind of file to MPEG2 file.
> So you think it is not possible ?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Thomas.P

First, please don't top post.
Second, sorry for not being clear. No, unfortunately 10 bit decoding is
not supported atm.

I was suggesting that you should export to (use files with) 8 bit since
no ffmpeg encoder has > 8 bit support, and even if 10 bit decoding was
supported, down conversion to 8 bit would be mandatory.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312