[Ffmpeg-devel] MOV/raw format support?

Jim Maricondo jimbocho
Wed Oct 18 16:43:37 CEST 2006

Baptiste Coudurier wrote:

> Which kind of raw video ? If you upload samples, I'll try to add support.
> Please follow instructions here, to upload samples:
> http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html

I can't get more info because I can't find a program which will dump the
contents of a MOV file in human readable format.  All I know is that when I
try to play the files through mplayer, it says the video is "raw" format (it
also doesn't play it back correctly.)  When I try to run the file through
the latest build of ffmpeg, it doesn't even recognize the video stream as
video.

The MOV files were outputted using Sony Vegas's 6.0 "Render As" command.
They are extremely big as they don't seem to be compressed.  I will upload a
couple samples to your server following the instructions on the URL above
tomorrow from work.

thank you,
 -Jim