[Ffmpeg-devel] swscale.h in libavcodec and libswscale

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Oct 17 14:19:22 CEST 2006

Hi Diego,

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 15:41 +0200, Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> > > In my opinion, this is not a problem: unless I am missing something, the
> > > correct swscale.h is always included, and "make install" installs the
> > > correct file. Of course, I might be wrong... Let me know, and I'll fix
> > > the problem.
> >
> > Yes, it works.  It's just the ugliness resulting from having two largely
> > redundant subsystems ..
> I see... And I agree.
Ok... Since I said that I agree, I decided to have a better look at this
problem. The attached patch shows how libavcodec/swscale.h can be
removed, using libswscale/swscale.h instead.

I think I did not initially like this solution because a file from
libscale is included when compiling libavcodec (note that libswscale is
always added to the include path).

The attached patch is still not perfect (I think "make install" will not
work), but if you think that something like this should be committed
I'll prepare a correct and more tested version.

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !