[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Oct 16 15:48:21 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:52:13PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > >You're asuming that there's just one final state, but IMHO
> > >"duplicate", "not a bug", "confirmed fixed", etc are very
> > >valid final states, and they convey more info than "closed".
> > >
> > "closed" is the state which confirms the resolution is correct. An
> > alternative next state after "fixed" etc. is to re-open it again.
>
> This is where Bugzilla differentiates between status and resolution.  If
> a bug is marked as RESOLVED [FIXED|WONTFIX|INVALID|..] it can still be
> marked as VERIFIED [FIXED|WONTFIX|INVALID|..].  AFAICT similar states
> are avaible in many issue tracking systems.

AFAIK with roundup theres no restriction on the state, you can have a
single state variable or several

btw, a small question to the roundup gurus, could we simply add a
"confirmed" integer so that every time someone else confirms
a given state (bug is really fixed, ...) she increases it and if the state
changes then it gets reset
this would avoid the state bloat we would end up if we add a *_confirmed
and it would avoid making the system unintuitiv due to spliting the state
variable
its also more generic as it doesnt arbitrarily limit the confirm/verify thing
to 0 or 1

btw2, is anyone working on setting up roundup on mphq for testing?