[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Advocating periodic releases

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Oct 13 20:56:00 CEST 2006

Hi

On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 02:27:04PM -0400, Dana Hudes wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 07:51:05PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnick wrote:
> >
> >>Hi

> >>  This seems quite reasonable.

> >>  I'm sorry, but how do patches tie in into bugtracking ?
> >>

> >patchtracking :)
> >of course the idea is optional, and unrelated but it was part of the
> >original bugzilla flame from where i copy and pasted the stuff above
> >

> A fix would indicate which SVN revision of which file(s) is needed to
> fix the bug. I would expect this information in the resolution.

mentioning the svn revision which fixed the bug seem like a good idea
and theres no need to mention files as svn revisions are global

> I would
> also expect the ticket not be closed until independently verified --
> either by original requestor or the monitor(s).

theres no closed state in my proposal, and i also see no sense in one