[Ffmpeg-devel] Shorten audio FourCC

Justin Ruggles jruggle
Tue Oct 10 21:54:16 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 11:24:29PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
>
>>M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>
>>>Do any of them have unofficial 16-bit IDs?
>>
>>I've seen these 3 unofficial tags floating around somewhere. I did some
>>ID collection a few months ago for a wav info utility I made. I can't
>>remember exactly where each came from, but I can research again. I think
>>I mostly started with Google searches with "wformattag".
>>
>>0xF1AC for FLAC
>>0x5756 for WavPack
>>0x77A1 for TTA
>

> Yes, please research again, this would be very helpful.  Also look for
> Shorten while you're at it.
>
> This info should eventually all be in the multimedia Wiki..

The 3 above can be found on the Matroska Codec IDs page:
http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/codecid/index.html

They are also used by the corecodec directshow filters project.

As for Shorten, I have not been able to find anything except a few
instances of people using 0x0000 (unknown).

I could swear I saw a list at one time on multimedia wiki, but I can't
find it now.

-Justin